Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday Made Its! Cross them off my list!!!

I am so excited to link up with the fabulous Tara from Fourth Grade Frolics!
 
I saw this on Pinterest many moons ago and loved it, so I finally made it today.  I think it will be so cute above where my students make their lunch choices.  I went back to the original pin, but it stated that it was linked to a place that I didn't want to go. So if you were the creator of this, please let me know and I would love to give you credit.

I was so excited to head to The School Box today and purchase some black and white borders for my classroom, and I thought this one set off the red and white so well.  Please excuse my icky picture...can't hang it yet as I will paint my walls.  And, I don't like the clear plastic silverware, so they aren't glued down yet. Plus, they are crooked!! I also want to print the words on cardstock as you can see where I spliced them.  I am a little anal...the checkerboard pattern drove me crazy!  I put the lunch calendar in a sheet protector to allow easy monthly updates.  Cross it off my list!

My next made-it is one of which I am extremely proud.  I wanted to make numbers for the Five for Friday linky as I had admired them on others' blogs, and I love things all matchy-matchy and pretty.  So, with the help of the wonderfully talented Megan at I teach. What's your superpower?'s video tutorials about how to enhance your blog, I made them.  I had never used pixlr before, but it truly was as easy as she stated.  I watched her video on how to make a button. So, here is one of the five that I made. I thought they turned out super cute!


Do you ever see words written out and think they just don't look right?  I had that sensation when I spelled the number words on each button.  Could be because they were typed vertically.

Anyway, at least I can cross two things off my list of 425,698 things I need to do this summer.  I exaggerate.  It's only 350,000. ;)

Cheers! Time for a cocktail! :)

4 comments:

Susan said...

Thank you! I didn't know how to make those cool numbers either!

Kelly said...

I think your lunch menu looks fabulous! Also, thank you for the link to Megan, I love learning how to spruce up my blog!

Jennifer Laffin said...

Very cute buttons! I'll have to check out Megan's tutorial as well. Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer
Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

Brandee Green said...

Enjoy your cocktail! :)
~Brandee
Creating Lifelong Learners

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips