I am linking up with Blog Hoppin' for Teacher Week!
If you haven't heard because you were living under a rock or in technology training learning
nothing new great stuff, here are the details:
Day 1! Meet me!
1. I am a mom first and foremost. I have two amazing boys who make me laugh and smile like no other. Alex is headed off to Old Dominion University next week. Nick will ride to school with me for one more year in 8th grade at my school.
2. I love my sweet puppy, Lilly, so much and will miss her terribly when I go back to work :(
3. I love to watch sports, and if my boys are playing in the event, even better! I love Giants and ODU football. I am also a huge Braves fan and LOVE tennis. I get slightly depressed when one of the major tournaments is over. I also love to watch golf.
4. I had many careers prior to teaching. I got my business degree from ODU and a paralegal degree as well. I managed a high end party planning store and also worked for an attorney who specialized in family law and bankruptcy law. I had never been so miserable in my life. I finally went back to ODU for my master's degree in elementary education. My mother was a fourth grade teacher and talked me out of it as a rising college freshman. But, I think I am a much better teacher because of my path. I love the quirky kids, and most of my "favorites" are not kids that most others choose as their favorites. One of my strong suits, if not the strongest, is the rapport I have with my students and their parents.
5. I love to travel. I would gladly keep a bag packed to be able to head on an exciting adventure at the drop of a hat.
6. I am deathly allergic to bees, although I think they are adorable.
7. Things I love: being Southern, palm trees, my friends, laughing, girls night out, the beach, summer, flip flops, sunshine, eating at a restaurant outside with a view of the water, the color pink, hydrangeas, sappy chick flicks like "You've Got Mail" and "Sleepless in Seattle", Duck Dynasty, sweet tea, porches, pandas, cosmos and mojitos, sweaters, and shopping.
8. Things I dislike: snakes, fire, scary or graphic movies, people who drive slowly in the left lane, tardiness, negativity, pretention, getting woken up once I get to sleep, weeds, and the end of summer.
9. My iPad is currently so cracked, hence the typos, but I can't part with it long enough to have it fixed.
10. I am a perpetually happy person who is an optimist, sometimes to a fault. I can be extremely naive at times. But, I always try to focus on the positive :)