Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

August Currently...How?

I am seriously flabbergasted that it is August. I was enjoying reading everyone else's Currentlies on my Bloglovin' feed, but I could not bring myself to type my own. You see...I {{{{{LOVE}}}}}} summer. I am happiest with flip flops on or toes in the sand. I am a beach chick at heart. While I love teaching, I equally love summer and all the freedom it brings. I love the time with my boys, love the the lack of homework and grading, love the time with my puppy....I know I am preaching to the choir!  Time to put my big girl panties on....


Listening:  I just love my Lilly!  I hate the thought of leaving her each day :(

Loving: I leave tomorrow for Florida for 6 days....I hope I will allow myself the time to relax and not stress about the fact that I will only have a week left when I get back before in-service starts. 

Thinking: I thrive on crunch time. I have it all organized in my head and just need to spring into action after I work out. 

Wanting: I am all-in with Apple....drank their Kool-Aid years back when I got my iPhone and iPad (an extension of my arm)....I love anything that starts with "i". But, a Mac is not in my budget right now. I won't even tell you how old my PC is...when I told the genius at the Apple store, he told me it should be in the Smithsonian!  But, until it dies, it will have to do. Sigh. 

Needing:  I spent hours in my classroom this week. I got up a few bulletin boards. But, I was overwhelmed by the amount of antiquated resources that were never used, yet I don't feel that I can throw out.  So, I power-lifted it all to the very top two shelves in my closet. It freed up so much space. I hate waste. Makes me crazy. 

B2S: 1-My Erin Condren planner is already the incredible organizational tool that I dreamed it would be!  Everything is within reach in that adorable spiral-bound wonder. All my lists, sketches of my classroom, long-range planning. It's all there. 2-I am loving my teacher tool box already...it was so helpful when I started unpacking my supplies. 3-I am the binder queen at school. Everyone teases me, but they are the first ones to come to me when they can't find something. As a roving resource teacher, the binders were color-coded on my office shelf so I could grab and go...I am trying out the app Live Binders that Courtney at Polka Dot Lesson Plans suggested. It seems really cool.

Link up with Farley and join the fun!


I have not mentioned the fact that my oldest starts college this month. Can't go there in my mind yet. I am so incredibly excited for him and cannot wait to see the good he will bring to this crazy world. He is energy personified....but he will leave a big hole in our house. I divorced 8 years ago, and while I am that freaky divorcee who gets along with her ex and all of his family (I spent the 4th with them all), my sons and I are also an incredibly tight-knit little group of 3.  I know that this is the goal I have had for him for 18 years, but it is also breaking my heart. Our lives will never be the same...it will be another "new normal".  Guess I just went there after all...it's all good.  He is amazing and will do great things :)

Whew....lots going on in this blonde head!  Time to jet off, jump in a pool with a cocktail in hand (if it could have a cute umbrella with a chevron pattern...it would be out-of-this-world fabulous) and chill.....

6 comments:

Brandee Green said...

I want a Macbook too...My husband and I have been talking about it. I have my fingers crossed. :)
~Brandee
Creating Lifelong Learners
Follow me on Bloglovin'

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa! Found you through Currently. I agree with you on the MacBook. I have one (issued by my district); it's the best!

Enjoy your vacation to Florida.

Ann

amy mich said...

Hope you have a great end of summer vacation! I love summers with my kiddo too! That time together is just amazing!

Amy
Teaching in Blue Jeans

Barton's Buzz said...

Have a great vacation, Lisa! I also am a lover of all things Apple... I don't know what I would do without my MacBookPro.
-Lisa
Grade 4 Buzz

Alison Rose said...

I want a MAC too, but I can't decide if I want an Air or Pro. I'm so scared I will make the wrong decision.
Alison
Rockin' and Learnin' Lovin'

Unknown said...

I hear you on the mac...I got my macbook air a couple months ago and I LOVE it! It was the last thing I switched over and so worth it. I used to teach in Richmond but I am in PA now. Have fun on your vacation!
Kheila
Two Friends In First

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips