Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Five for Friday, Y'all!

I am so excited to be trying yet another new bloggy thing and am linking up for 


1.  I am officially out of school as of last Tuesday!  It was surreal the first few days, but I have settled in quite nicely.  I knew I would!  Last year was rough, so my body and mind are both eternally grateful for the rest.

2. But, I had to say "good-bye" to my home away from home at school, Guardian Angel Hall.  I have been housed in the building for the 6 years I taught kindergarten and the two that I served as the reading resource teacher.  I loved my little office with the adorable baby SmartBoard, but this girl was ready to spread her wings...again.  My support group in that building will now be across the way from "The Big School" in which I will teach fourth grade.  To say that I was surrounded by awesome, supportive individuals is an understatement.  Now I need to put my big girl panties on and shift gears.

3. In the shifting, I inherited this hot mess of a classroom.  Hello neon!
Yes, it is as bad as it looks.  The lack of windows (only a small strip at the ceiling in the wall opposite this one), the fact that the blinds were NEVER opened in the two years I offered support in the room, and the bad fluorescent lighting gave me a headache daily.  So, as I am an admitted aesthetic kinda girl, I knew some sort of change was in order.  Is there enough bulletin board paper in the world to cover this?  Nope.  So, when my principal (a six-foot nun...hello!) was in an exceptionally good mood at our end of the year party, I asked if I can paint the room...my expense, my labor.  She said that she "wouldn't have a problem" with it!  I am so excited....I am thinking a calm blue.  I will write a post about this soon...ideas would be lovely!

4. I spoke of my son's baseball team being in the semi-finals last weekend.  Well, not only did they win that game, but they won the entire tournament!  Go, Lynnhaven Pony Phillies...Champions!  The fact that my oldest helped coach my youngest made it completely fabulous!  Insert proud mom....
5. I am so excited that summer means more time with this beauty....my Lilly girl.


And, yes, she is as sweet as she looks...and feisty.  My mom swears she is me in dog form....I'll take that as a compliment!

2 comments:

Joanne Miller said...

Found you through Five For Friday! Cute blog! Yikes with that neon green! You will LOVE 4th grade! It's seriously the best age to teach!
Joanne
Head Over Heels For Teaching

Third Grade Galore said...

Found your blog through Five for Friday. That green is pretty bad. I can't wait to see the changes that you make. I teach 3rd, but I bet you will love 4th.

Jeanette
Third Grade Galore

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips