Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

I Did It!

Hi All!  I am new to the blogging world but LOVE reading 20+ blogs, so I thought I would jump in. I am starting a new journey as a teacher.  I taught kindergarten for 6 years, have been a reading resource teacher (amongst other things) for the last 2, and will teach ELA in fourth grade next year in my Catholic school.  I will teach three groups with 25+ students.

I am excited as I have been told that I may use the basal (Reading Street) as little as I want, if at all!  So, I have immersed myself in reading The Book Whisperer, The Daily 5, and The Cafe Book.  I was lucky enough to find a completed book study for the last two books, which lead me to some fabulous blogs!  Pinterest has rounded out my experience. I am armed with more ideas than I know what to do with!

I am currently trying to decide which 3 novels to add for next year to be purchased with raffle money proceeds.  I already have a classroom set of Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.  At the top of my list right now are Because of Winn Dixie, Charlotte's Web, and The Lemonade War.  I would love to have some comments on what books you love.

Happy Sunday!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've taught 4th gr. LA off/on for the past 20 years. Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing and The Best Christmas Pageant Ever are standards. This year we purchased Because of Winn Dixie, Trouble River, Skinnybones, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Out of My Mind. We, also, purchased the coordinating Novel-Ties. We will start book clubs after the STAAR test is over.

Kristin
Teachntex

Unknown said...

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome! I know the courage it takes to plunge into the teacher blog world, but it is awesome! Your blog design by Megan is adorable (isn't she THE best?), especially the little owl in the corner (I'm an owl fan, too!). Wishing you all the best!

Diane
http://teachingwithmoxie.blogspot.com/

Lisa @ Fluent in Fourth said...

Wow! I am so excited to have some followers! I have to say that the teacher blogging community is an amazingly supportive and positive group of people! Thanks so much for following me....I will pop over to your blogs now :)

Lisa @ Fluent in Fourth said...

Thanks, Diane! I love your blog design as well....and, yes. Megan is THE best! It was amazing to see my vision come alive :)

Lisa @ Fluent in Fourth said...

Thanks so much for your input. I am loving The Lemonade War and George Washington's Socks as well.....so many choices!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips